Because I’m distressed at not having any of my own..
I must admit, I haven’t had time to try any of these projects and I won’t pretend I have. However I have spent many minutes thinking about doing them, and I will get round to it soon, so surely that deserves a few points. Anyway below are 10 of my favourites, including some copper (you know how I LOVE COPPER…), flowery chandeliers & also some organizational tricks (very practical). Now, some of them are just inspiration for something that I believe could be easily achievable with a few tools and the use of ones noggin, whilst others are full blown tutorials from some fabulous bloggers.
Tatty Lace X
1. Flower Chandelier originally from Lolita
2. Big Fringe DIY … ohhappyday.com
3.Cutting board DIY ohhappyday.com
4.Fabric Wrapped Hangers , because who the hell wants ugly hangers. from corrieberrypie
5.Dorm DIY Washi Tape picture frames … Design Sponge
6. Fabulous Tassel & Pom Pom Key rings Design Sponge
7. Gold Leaf Bowls from Kelli Murray’s Blog
8. Painted Antlers, Could do it yourself or buy some from Cassandra Smith
9. Home Made Canopy – unable to locate source… 😦
10.Copper Leaf Candle Make Over.. Style by Emily Henderson
Running dangerously late in my present buying quest and trying to keep down costs, I’ve come up with this idea, A two sided frame for my family to put on their desks. I’m going to customise them with a photograph of something dear to them and a calendar colour scheme to suit their personality or perhaps to correspond with the colour scheme in their office/ bedroom ect.
What you need
1 x two sided frame from Ikea £1
1 X free 2013 Calendar download
1 X photograph / image / sketch/ inspirational message?
Step 1. Making the Calendar, you can personalise it anyway you like! I used pixelmator to make mine …
2. Choose an Image! I am making this one for my dad so have decided to put a picture of his true love in the frame (his car!) I took this with out him knowing and edited on my phone using Instagram.
3. Make both components the appropriate size, 10cm x 15cm… And put them in the frame! I am Ill in bed at the moment so I haven’t gone out and bought the frame but below I’ve ‘simulated’ what the real deal will look like!
I think this will look great on his desk, and will be useful for the coming year. Below are a few more combination ideas for other friends and family.. and I think for £1 and a bit of imagination – you can’t get much better!